Saturday, February 2, 2013

Iron Deficiency

My older daughter has been asking me for days to iron something small she had made.  Finally, this morning, I went into the laundry room and dragged out the iron and a beach towel (who wants to mess with the cumbersome ironing board?)

My younger daughter, age 3 1/2, said, "What's that, Mommy?"

When I told her, she asked, "Is it loud?"

She has never seen this appliance.  What does that say about me?  And also the above admission that I wasn't about to get out the ironing board (buried behind the kids' laundry baskets next to the washer/dryer).  Does it say I'm a woman with a wrinkled family, or that I'm too lazy to buy clothes that are 100% cotton?   Or that I'm laid-back and carefree, preferring wash and wear textiles to fit our busy lifestyle?

Well, of course it means I'm carefree!  Not lazy in the slightest.  But you knew that already anyway, right?

No comments: