Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Maybe if I had knocked on wood!

It's all my fault.  There's no getting around it.  I have no one else to blame.

A couple of weeks ago, someone asked me if we were all staying well this winter.

And I said something glib and light and CRAZY like "Yes, amazingly, we have had virtually no sickness this year!"

So as you can see, the sickness that has besieged our house is obviously because of this statement.

Last night, my oldest daughter succumbed to the creeping crud, as my mother-in-law would call it.  So, in various forms, this illness has a record of 3 for 7 so far.  I'm seriously hoping it doesn't run the house, but I didn't start this mothering thing yesterday.  There's absolutely no doubt all the kids are going to get it.

So I'm on day six of sweats and no makeup, having only left the house once since Friday morning.  My girls are watching Madagascar 3, which really is an amazing film (quite unlike Hop) and I am finally feeling well enough to knock out some much needed chores around this joint.

On a brighter note, the snow is coming down in huge flakes and it's beautiful outside - and I get to stay inside and enjoy the view.

No comments: