Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All washed out

Have I ever mentioned my relationship with the laundry?  No?

Well, I kinda like it.  Yes - it's true!  Women out there who are thinking I have lost all credibility (assuming I ever had any!), don't lose heart.  I hate most every other household chore, including, but not limited to:  bathrooms, dusting, sweeping the kitchen floor (700 times a day!), washing the kitchen floor, washing the cabinets, washing the windows. . .well you get the idea.

But the laundry, the laundry is so nice and rewarding.  I do laundry only on Mondays and Thursdays, so if you live in my house and you didn't get your favorite Nike shirt to me by Sunday or Wednesday nights, you're outta luck.  I always remind the children they are welcome to operate the washing machine themselves (no takers as of yet on that opportunity).

Since I complete it all on those two days, when I am finished, all the children's baskets are lined up by the front door and the laundry room is neat and tidy.  Nary a dirty sock in sight.  It's a beautiful thing.  And when I walk by the laundry room (which I do about 143 times a day) on say, Saturday, I know that I do not have to go in and do any switching, folding or hanging.  What can I say - that makes me happy.

So you'll understand, dear reader, why the following addition to the heretofore nonexistent decor in my laundry room has brought me such happiness today.  For about $5, I get to see this every time I enter.  And it makes me smile.


No comments: