Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jammin' Boyz

The Post Wherein I Show You My Boys' Spotify List (in part) and Pontificate on Each Song:

Smooth Grandmama:  This is a parody of Smooth Criminal, by Apologetix.  It is pretty funny, as many of their songs are.  Including lines such as "Granny karaokes to old tapes of Sandy Patty" and "Granny causes road rage, in slow lanes, she's no Andretti".  Smooth Grandmama basically asks you to repent and ask Jesus into your heart while making your head spin trying to catch all the fast-paced lyrics.

I'll Make a Man Out of You: From Mulan.  The girls were watching this movie several months ago and the boys latched onto this song.  In a big way.  So sing along with Donny Osmond we have.  The refrain is the title line, but one of my boys prefer to sing "I'll make a man from your poo!"

Gangnam Style:  I don't really have words for this one.  Not a big fan.  At all.  But my favorite part of this song is linked here, in this previous blog post.  Lots of crazy and strange dancing when this one comes on.

What Does the Fox Say:  Oh my, oh my.  If we have heard this song 10 times, we have heard it 100. I only wish I was joking, but that is the sad, sad truth.  My eldest has played this song over and over and over.  I can sing harmony like nobody's business here, and I know ALL the possible noises a fox can make, just in case that ever comes in handy in real life.

That Snail is Fast:  From the movie Turbo.  It's relatively catchy, actually, waxing eloquent about how speedy Turbo the snail is.  I haven't seen the movie, but apparently that snail is fast.

Another One Bites the Dust:  Ok, it's Queen.  Need I say more?  This one passes muster.

Fallen Kingdom:  A Minecraft song, to the tune of Coldplay's Viva La Vida.  I love Coldplay's version, so even though strange and alien lyrics are being blared out of the computer's speakers, I loudly counter with the proper lyrics.  This makes me happy.

Several Other Minecraft Songs:  I don't know their names and I don't care to.  I'm sure they have names, but they don't deserve a shout out here.  They make my head hurt.

Eye of the Tiger:  Back in the day, I loved this song.  But over the last several years, it has been  a theme song around this joint, which has causes it to lose its luster.  Sorry Survivor.


It goes without saying that I sing the lyrics to all these songs, regardless of my like or dislike of them.  As I mentioned above, I also sing harmony when appropriate.

No comments: