Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sentimental Journey

I realize I have not blogged in quite some time, busy as we have been celebrating Christmas and New Year's with family and friends.  I ought to have much to say therefore, but don't especially, as I am going on three days of homebound crazy with my offspring, due to the massive cold temps and snow the entire country seems to be experiencing (with the exception of Florida, my dream state).  Due to the cabin fever I am battling, my brain is not firing on all cylinders, so I have a general lack of interesting things to say.

Did you find it as fascinating as I did that the entire paragraph above was all about how I have nothing to write?

I will leave you with this little tidbit, as I attempt to keep my sanity during these snow days:

Last night, we were making the beds in the boys' room and discussing sheets and comforters and how to have an "grown-up" bed (sleep UNDER a flat sheet and UNDER a comforter, with one's head at the SAME place throughout the night - a concept that few of my children seem to employ).  All the talk of maturity must have sunk in to my oldest son, because when I asked him if he'd like to have his teddy bear (you know the one - the one he has had since birth. . .it's matted and loved and worn), he said no thanks, he's fine without him.  My husband affirmed his choice, while I repeatedly suggested he might want him near justincase.  About this time, I looked above the son's bed to my youngest son's bunk, to see him sobbing hysterically.  After much questioning and hugging, I determined he thought we were giving away his brother's beloved teddy bear.  He couldn't bear the thought!  I quickly explained it was simply being put with the other stuffed animals a mere two feet away from his brother.  His tears turned into laughter and blessed relief.

I kissed him and tucked him in, with his precious living room pillows.

1 comment:

Sweetpea Academy said...

If it makes you feel ANY better....we have the conversation about sleeping under the top sheet in our house. Its something I just cant understand. I, also, let our 11 year old know that his "blankie" is right under his pillow if he needs it - even though daddy thought he should be done with it when he was 4. I think its my way of keeping them little just a bit longer.