Thursday, December 19, 2013

Away in a Manger

Tis the season. . .for Christmas Programs!

My family and I have gone to three in the last three days, and I love it!  Monday night we got to watch our 1st grader sing praises to baby Jesus and our 3rd grader perform as Joseph in the nativity play.  Wednesday morning our preschooler journeyed to Bethlehem with her classmates and spoke and sang the story of Jesus' birth.  And our middle schoolers praised God at Advent worship last night with their voices and instruments.

Wow.  What a blessing - to live in a place where our children can praise God at the top of their voices.  They are at a school where they learn about Him and what Christmas really means.  It does not escape me that not all children know about Him or have the freedom to praise Him in public places.  

And as I've thought about these last three days of programs, it caused me to reminisce a bit (I know, I know!  I can't help myself - everything causes me to reminisce!).  And I recalled two other Christmas program memories - if you're interested, you can read about them here and here.  

No comments: