Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!

Things continue to hop around here at the house o' mammamilk.  We are jumping from one activity to the next and my hair quite possibly might be on fire.  As my mom said to me the other day, "This is how you like life, right?"  Well. . .yes in general, but perhaps a bit less cray cray would also be acceptable.  Not going to complain though (or am I doing that now?), since everything that is keeping us busy is all good stuff!  Family reunion, multiple trips to see family, visits from friends, visits to friends. . .it's all good!  So what if the house looks like a tornado hit it?  What's more important here, peeps?

I was awakened last night by a child who thought it was time to get up (at 4:30 - I straightened him out quickety quick!) because the clock radio in his room was unplugged.  As I got back into bed after our little tete a tete, I pondered my own clock situation.  Last week we had a power outage and I had to reset my bedside clock radio.  I spent several frustrated minutes with it, only to resign myself to the fact that the hour button refused to comply.  This radio might possibly be as old as my marriage, and apparently not nearly as hardy.  After reviewing my options - a:  buy new clock, b: steal borrow one of my children's clocks, c: mentally adjust the time each time I read the time, d: sigh in frustration - I chose c and d.  This means that in the middle of the night or early morning, I must awaken, look at the clock and subtract three hours to determine the accurate time.  I know you think I am super smart and really on the ball, but this takes quite a bit of mental acuity.  Which I really don't have.  So sorry to disappoint you, dear reader.  But I'm working on it!  Gotta keep my brain sharp somehow - might as well work on it day and night!

I'd like to blog more, but I have seven children in my house/on my deck and they are rather demanding.  Several are playing the wii and others are on the deck making water "recipes" with measuring cups.  My children promised with all their little hearts that if I let them play inside with their neighborhood friends they would clean up any and all messes that might mysteriously materialize.  I'll let ya know how that turns out. 

No comments: