Saturday, July 27, 2013

They Will Know We Are Lutherans By Our Donuts

Just got back late last night from vacation.  I am swimming in laundry, gear, camping dishes that need a thorough wash, and kids who can't seem to remember how to entertain themselves in their own house.  I will blog soon about our adventures, but for now I am treading water and can leave you only with this little tidbit:

In our last campground, we were in the middle of nowhere; the nearest town at least an hour away.  We decided to do our own service at the beach near our campsite.  As we were discussing songs, readings etc., we told the kids the plan.  We would have family church on a blanket by the beautiful lake.

My little daughter, now age 4, says to me quite seriously, "Will there be donuts there?"

No comments: