Thursday, August 23, 2012

All by Myself!

Today is an epoch in my life.  I have spent the last two hours alone.  As in no children with me.  None. Nada.

My littlest started preschool today.  It has been 12 years in the making, this solitude I am now experiencing, and will be experiencing twice each week.

I'm not sure what to make of it.  On the one hand, it is nice to do what I want or need to do without worry or concern about a little one's needs.  On the other hand, I feel a bit lost.  I'm not quite sure how to best use this long-coveted time.  I must admit that this morning, after I dropped little K off, I went to Menards and Walmart.  Disappointed?

So, what does one do when one's children are no longer at home during the day?  Read, watch TV, sew, scrapbook?  Clean the floors, the bathroom or the kitchen?  Shop for groceries, toilet paper, or new shoes?  I'm just not sure yet.

I'll have to keep pondering it.  For now, I have to go pick up my little girl.  Enough alone time for today.

No comments: