Wednesday, March 30, 2011

There are worse things I could be addicted to. . .

I have a new topic to write about here.

Extreme couponing.

I realize I am not as obsessed as the guests on the new show on tv, but in my little world, I am becoming close.

I was recounting my savings today to the kids on the ride home from school.

"Listen to how much I spent at Target! Listen to how much I saved!" I exclaimed.

"You're becoming obsessed, Mom!" said one child.

"Yeah, you are getting out of hand with all these coupons!" said another.

"And what are we doing with all this money you're saving, anyway? Anything good for us?" said yet another.

As you can see, there is no shared joy with this crowd.

So I come to you, my dear readers, because I know you will rejoice with me as I tell you all the details. (You will, right?) I also come to you because I fear all my Facebook friends are tired of hearing about how much I saved.

So here's the scoop: I spent $28.13 at Target for $71.88 worth of merchandise, and I spent $11.23 at Meijer for $33.83 worth.

You're cheering for me, right? And for all the money I saved?

For the record, one of the children said disappointedly that I was probably only using the extra money to pay the electric bill, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you sister! Your brother-in-law would be too!