Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One blessed mamma

Mother's Day comes but once a year. . .a day for mommies everywhere to be celebrated. It was no different in our house.

My celebration began Saturday morning. My husband and kids let me sleep in till 9:40 (I don't think I've slept that late since B.C. - before children). When I finally awoke, it wasn't to the sound of pounding feet downstairs, or fighting and screaming, it was to the sound of. . . silence. Nothingness. Because no one was home but me. Did you read that correctly, dear reader? I was alone in the house. That may not sound like a big deal to some of you, but others will understand. I may be alone sometimes at the grocery (if being surrounded be strangers is being alone), but I am very rarely alone in the house. So, as you can imagine, it was blissfully quiet.

After I had reveled in the solitude, my family came home, brimming with excitement. It was more than my 3 year old could bear and a tiny bit of information about my present leaked out.
Soon after, my husband suggested I go shopping for a few hours before he had to be at church. By myself again. I almost didn't know what to do with myself!

The next day after church, I was showered with gifts, lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant, and a day together at a park with my children and husband. I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate Mother's Day. Thank you, God, for this family!

No comments: