Sunday, October 15, 2017

All In A Day's Work

Things I've done today, not in order of importance:


  • Listened to the Preschool - First Grade Choir sing at worship this morning.  We had so many children join us this morning - my heart was full as they all sang their praises! 
  • Sang with the worship team at church.  I haven't been singing much lately due to the busyness of our schedules, and I miss it so much!  It was wonderful to be a part of such a fabulous group of musicians!
  • Participated in a confirmation rite with my 11-year-old son.  My husband and I were able to trace the sign of the cross over his eyes, ears, mouth, heart, hands and feet as we prayed for him.  This rite always catches me off guard -  I love praying for his heart, that he may always know his Savior -- his hands, that God may be glorified in the work they do -- his mouth that God's praises may always be spoken.  The journey to confirmation and communion is such a joy!
  • Went shoe shopping with my boys (and youngest daughter).  The boys have been driving me cuh-razy with their obsession over which basketball shoes they have to have.  My husband and I, of course, have limits on what we will spend on these precious items, and I assure you the amount we will generously provide doesn't exceed the amount of our electric bill!  The boys have acquiesced to our spending limits, but are still scouring the internet for the most dope shoes available to man, at the cheapest price possible.  I'm about to tell them they can wear flip flops and hope for the best.
  • Painted a bathroom.  We have decided to renovate our downstairs bathroom, and our goal was to get it painted today.  Success!  In the coming week or two, we hope to put up wainscoting and put in new flooring.  We have very limited time to accomplish these tasks -- I am hoping for the best!
  • Enjoyed a family dinner with all seven of us.  With my eldest two in their school play (with major leads!!), they have been gone many evenings lately, so our dinner time is precious!  However, two of my little darlings forget how precious this time is, and I therefore felt inspired to pen a list of things we need to work on during dinner time, including the seemingly obvious, but apparently extremely hard to accomplish, sitting on our chairs. 
  • Played a loud, spirited game of Pit with the three youngest kids.  Lots of yelling, laughing, and  bell-ringing. Corner on Wheat!

No comments: