Sunday, June 5, 2016

True Blue, Part II

One of my dearest friends in the world is moving far away tomorrow.

And it really hurts.

Truly.  I'm crying as I even type this post.  This friend is everything I wrote about here when I blogged about friendship.  She is very, very dear, and she and her family (also awesome, close friends) will be missed by many, many people.

Though our children went to the same Lutheran school, four years ago I first met D when she and I were cast in The Sound of Music.  Perhaps if you've known me for awhile, dear reader, you'll recall that SOM was an awesome experience, but also terrifying and nerve-wracking.  Our friendship was new, but I found comfort in her encouraging words during my anxious moments.

Over the next four years, we got together often, having lunch -- first with my little K in tow, and then later just the two of us.  My family joined the small group her family was in, giving us even more time to connect as friends and families.  They are active, positive members of our church and school, and loved by everyone who knows them.

Here are a few of the many reasons I love her so:

She is selfless.  She will happily help someone out at a moment's notice and help anyone in need.

She is faithful.  To her God, her husband, her family, her church, her friends, her commitments.

She is a loving wife and mother.  She loves her family fiercely and is a positive example of how to raise fine young people.

She is loyal and an encourager.  I cannot imagine D saying an unkind word about anyone, certainly not a friend.  She will always put the best construction on any situation.

She is generous and thoughtful.  She offers prayers, hugs, dinner (when I hurt my back and was out for a few days), and a shoulder to cry on when needed.

She is confidential.  Without a doubt, I would trust her be a sounding board.

She is fun.  She is quick with a smile and laugh, always positive no matter what.

Oh dear readers, my heart is heavy to say goodbye.  In fact, I'm having trouble seeing my screen at the moment.  Perhaps many of you reading this post know her and know just what I'm talking about.  Or maybe you've had a good friend you've had to part with.  It hurts.

But I am thankful to have had her as a part of my life, and though she will be far away, I am very grateful that we will easily be able to stay in touch no matter how many miles separate us.

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with her friendship!


Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, 
and impossible to forget.

No comments: