A few thoughts on our recent vacation, in no particular order:
1. Shenandoah National Park is really beautiful.
2. The Outer Banks are fabulous, and I could watch the ocean all day (and the back of my eyelids when need be, whilst sitting there lulled by the waves).
3. 16 people in one house is not too many, when they are all awesome family members!
4. The sound of 10 kids playing together in the waves and sand never gets old.
5. Cupcake Wars, family-vacay-style, is a hilarious and tasty competition. And a close contest!
6. Using a drone to take about a zillion family pictures is a great idea.
7. Renting a 1912 former life-saving station house was super cool!
8. Cool people do not write Outer Banks. They write OBX. I am working on becoming cool. Don't hold your breath.
9. Leaving all the kids home alone in the capable hands of the five teenagers and going out to a relaxing seafood dinner was spot on.
10. Celebrating 50 years of marriage for my mother- and father-in-law was amazing. They are such an inspiring example of Christian marriage!