Monday, June 30, 2014

Random Musings from my Frenetic Mind

Summer's in full swing, which means the cray cray is at full tilt.  So jumbled bits and pieces are all I can handle currently.  A few of those, below.


My youngest son and I have a ritual that goes something like this:

Me:  "I love you!"

Him:  "I love you more!"

Me:  "I love you most!"

Him:  "I love you more than you love me!"

Me:  "Impossible!"

Him:  "Possible!"

Every time, the same.  Usually followed by a giant kiss and hug.  It doesn't get much better than that.


My "monkey in the middle" son turned ten last week.  We've enjoyed a whole decade of that awesome kid, and I know I'm better for it!  It's hard to believe it has been so long since that tumultous time.  Sometimes I look at him in wonder, recalling the fragile baby he was.  He's incredibly strong and healthy and active, but more importantly, kind and thoughtful and generous.  He's a true blessing to our family!

On a much different note, I LOVE my paddle attachment for my kitchen aid mixer.  (I warned you this post contained random musings!!)  Just a few minutes ago, I used it to shred chicken I had in the crock pot all day, and it was bliss.  I am not even being dramatic.  Dare I say that the whole mixer was worth it, just for this ability?  Does that go too far?  I'm not sure.  Shredding meat with two forks was the bane of my existence.  But the paddle attachment?  Glorious.

I have diagnosed my self with Plantar Fasciitis.  I have used the inter-nets to do this.  I am certain this is what ails me, since I read it on the inter-nets.   My daughter is not so sure that my methods are sound, but I think I'm on the money.  The symptoms all line up, and did I mention I read it online?  Anyway, my right foot hurts quite a lot, especially when I have been resting it for a long time (such as in the morning or if I get up in the night).  I am trying to stretch it often (guess where I got the idea to do that?), and wear good shoes as much as possible.  There is a possibility I should see an actual physician soon about it, instead of just WebMD.  Maybe.

Must finish this über-thrilling post now, to serve dinner (consisting of shredded chicken) that probably 3/5 of my offspring will complain about.  Such is life!



No comments: