Friday, October 4, 2013

Bits and Pieces

Overheard yesterday:

"I hate piano!" says one boy.

"I'm with ya brother!" says another boy.

Sigh.  I wish for solidarity between my boys.  Must it come at the expense of my favorite instrument?



Yesterday was Old Navy's stuff and save sale.  That means the whole store was 40% off.  Do you know how much I spent?  $2.

Yes, you read that right.  I showed impressive restraint and bought one item.  Of course, that one item was valued at $30, was on sale, then the 40% off, then I had a five dollar coupon.  BUT STILL!  I passed by so many things, dear reader, that would have been fabulous deals.  Items that really wanted to take up residence in my closet.  But we are still in a modified budgetary smackdown, and while I seriously wanted many things, I didn't need any of them.  I left with my $2 top and immediately texted my husband, suggesting I receive a medal for my self-control.  I'm still waiting.



I showed the kids the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake hashtag clip on youtube yesterday morning.  That may or may not have been a mistake.  The rest of breakfast was spent saying hashtag before almost every word or phrase spoken.  #moretoastplease  #he'slookingatme  #where'smybackpack  #makehimstopmom  #brushyourteeth  #isittimeforschoolyet?

No comments: