Friday, April 13, 2012

Forty is FINE!

April 12th marked my husband's 40th birthday.  To celebrate, the kids and I gave him:

  • a small baggie filled with rocks and sign that said "40 ROCKS!"
  • 40 words to describe him in a word collage from wordle (which I highly recommend - go check it out!)
  • 40 beers for 40 years. I know.  Hokey title.  I had to call a friend to help me with the beer selection. I think my dear hubby is set for awhile now in the beer department.  And also we are broke.
  • a fire pit, which has nothing to do with 40 years, but hopefully will be enjoyed (for 40 fires?)
My husband took the day off and he and I went to two wineries for the afternoon.  We ate gourmet food, we lounged outside in the sun, we finished our sentences, we drank fine wine, we enjoyed a rich dessert,  we took a long leisurely walk through the vineyards, we had a marvelous time together.  

If this is what being 40 is like, I can't wait till I join him in the 40 club - one year from today!

No comments: