Wednesday, April 21, 2010

All Joseph, All the time

Several weeks ago, I downloaded the soundtrack to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat to my ipod. Since then, the singing hasn't stopped.

All the way to New York and back, we were begged to listen to it "just one more time!". While I would have happily sung along to it for days, there was the small issue of the children's father. Musicals aren't his bag. To be sure, this one gains points because it is a story he is quite familiar with and finds fascinating to analyze. Still, in his book, there is only so much storytelling-by-singing one can tolerate.

Regardless, we have still listened to it many, many times, with special requests by one of my sons for the Pharaoh song. They love envisioning him as an Elvis impersonator. My elder daughter has perfected her French accent after listening to Those Canaan Days repeatedly.

I have promised to take them to a performance the next time it is in town. I wonder if I can get my husband to accompany us?

Edited 2 hours later: We just got back from the library, with the biggest find of our lifetimes! Yes - you guessed it - Joseph on DVD! Everyone is frantically doing chores and homework so they can watch a little of it before dinner.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We listen to that all the time at our house too!!!