- Choose $112 worth of groceries.
- Approach checkout. Notice there is only one register open at 9:15 on a Monday morning. Frown.
- Watch cashier scan groceries and coupons. Hear total. Suppress desire to say "How did I spend that much?!"
- Swipe debit card.
- Hear cashier say, "Oh no. That rang through as cash. I'll have to rering it all."
- Try to remember everyone makes mistakes. Do not complain.
- Attempt to entertain antsy toddler and juggle fussy baby while entire receipt is rerung by hand. Remember days as a Target cashier (if applicable). Try not to sigh.
- Hear cashier announce new total (which should be the same as before, but surprisingly is not). Hear him proclaim, "I'll take $10 off for all your trouble!"
- Rejoice inwardly and offer thanks out loud.
Take home lesson: $10 for 15 minutes of "work". If I could do this on a regular basis, we'd be rich!