Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Duke Strikes Again

 My dear friends, you may remember Duke, our beloved precious good tolerated puppy.  He's adorable, but so very full of super naughty behavior.  While he is slowly improving (with age and the help of a very special collar), he still has a loooooong way to go, as evidenced by what you're about to read.  


Duke, deceivingly cute

The other night, my husband had several men from church over for dinner and drinks.  The men were all in the dining room and I was next door in the kitchen, working.  The men were having a great time, with so much laughter.  I wasn't really listening to what they were saying, but I was so enjoying their constant laughter.  And bonus!  They all seemed to truly enjoy Duke and not mind at all that he was nearby as they ate dinner and had a drink afterward. 

And then the laughter really intensified.  The men were howling with laughter and I began to wonder just what was going on in the dining room.  Before long, my husband called out to me, "Honey!  We owe him a new pair of pants!!".

With great trepidation, I went into the dining room to find that dear old Duke, friend to fun-loving guys in the dining room, had, over the course of several minutes, chewed/consumed/destroyed the pant leg of one of the men's jeans. So sneaky and quiet was this naughty boy that our friend didn't even realize it was happening!  This was the carnage:



Duke has ruined so many things in our house since we got him almost a year ago, but never has he eaten the clothes off of someone while they were wearing them. We've reached new lows.  

I was laughing and crying so hard I could hardly stand up.  Our friend was an amazingly good sport and was so generous to us in our state of horror. I hugged him as he tried to make me feel better for owning such a wretched animal.  

Seriously.  Is there a more poorly behaved dog in all of the land?  If so, please share your stories with me so I feel a glimmer of hope.

In the meantime, you can find me tirelessly guarding all important items in our house and hoping these days will soon be behind us.  


No comments: