Monday, February 5, 2018

Bits and Pieces #22

  • We got home last night from a whirlwind Lutheran Schools basketball tournament for my seventh grade son.  It was the 5th year we've attended, and look forward to 7 more years at this tournament - good thing we enjoy it!  My husband and I both attended this weekend tournament when we were kids.  Lots of great memories spanning a whole lotta years.  This year's tourney ended on a fabulous note -- my son, with 2 seconds left on the clock in overtime, was able to sink two free throws, securing the win at 34-31.  I was a proud mamma, and I was jumping and screaming like a maniac.  I love that kid!
  • A week ago, we bought an 1/8 of a cow from a friend of ours who is a beef guy (I don't know what his real title is - cattle farmer perhaps?).  Well, whatever his title is, it perhaps should be awesome beef provider!  Our freezer is stocked, and our tummies are happy. Win!


  • The picture below of Shadow babies just screams "Happy Valentine's Day!" to me.  His cute little face peeking out of the red makes me almost forget how naughty he can be.  

  • This little guy is coming to live at our house in the next few weeks.  Yes, what I swore to never let happen is indeed happening:  we are getting a caged animal.  My 11-year-old son has been obsessed with hedgehogs since preschool, and my husband suggested we let him get one.  He got to choose which one of the litter he wanted, and he chose this one.  I suggested his name be Bandit, and it looks like that might stick.   I'll keep you posted on how this endeavor goes. . .to be continued.





1 comment:

IamtheMom said...

You NEVER say NEVER- surely you have learned this as a mom by now. And, I love the box you could have and should have checked- "all.of.the.hours." You are one of my favorite people in the world :)