Friday, January 19, 2018

The Week in Pictures

I bring to you a visual view of our week:



Yes, this is Shadow, our dear pupper.  He is sitting on the bed, my elder daughter nearby, snapping pictures of him and texting them to me.  He is anxiously awaiting my arrival in these pictures, gazing out the window in hopes of a glimpse of his dearly beloved mommy.  Seriously, NOBODY loves me like this dog does.  She reported that he wouldn't give her any attention, so intent was he on watching for me to get home.  #theycallitpuppylove


One of the buses that took my two eldest children to DC for the March for Life. They kids have reported they are exhausted but had an amazing day.  Last year they came home full of faith-inspiring stories about their experiences at the March, and I can't wait to hear about this year's trip.  What a blessing to be able to attend such an event!  Tonight they are settling in for a comfy (!) night's sleep on a church floor, with hopes of visiting the Smithsonian tomorrow.  However, as midnight approaches and the government shutdown looms, the Smithsonian may be but a dream.  #can'teveryonegetalong?


This shirt.  Oh my.  My middle son has become OBSESSED with lacrosse, and I got him this shirt for Christmas.  It cracked me up and was one of my favorite gifts I gave this year.  This sentiment sums up his feelings completely!
#schoolisimportant #butlacrosseisimportanter


My littlest daughter received a blank book for Christmas and she has slowly begun writing her very own story. This is the first page:  
Once upon a time, there was a family.  This particular family loves to laugh.  
Oh how I love it!  She drew each of us carefully and it looks like Mommy and Daddy are ready for a fancy night out on the town!  I love that of all the things she could have written, she chose to write about how we all love to laugh. 
#thefamilywholaughstogetherstaystogether


(I don't know why hashtags have overtaken me tonight.  I NEVER (categorically, on principle) use them on social media.  But sometimes, while blogging, I like a good hashtag now and then.) #inablogtheyrehilarious
#onsocialmediatheyreannoying






No comments: