Sunday, November 12, 2017

Bits and Pieces #21


  • My older teenagers** have been enamored with Snapchat for some time now.  I am Not A Fan, no matter how much they have tried to convert me.  I think it isn't at all intuitive, it is annoying and ridiculous.  But no matter how I boo hoo, the kids continue to find it appealing, and I think the Snapchat craze has gotten out of hand.  Whilst on vacation this summer without internet access, one of my children actually had their friends babysit their Snapchat streaks.  A Snapchat streak?  What is that, perhaps you are saying?  A streak is an unbroken stretch of back-and-forth snap chatting.  And if you are without internet on vacation, one can't let those streaks die, so one must ask one's friend to babysit the streak, which means in some cases, the friend is actually snap chatting him or herself on behalf of my child.  THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.
  • Overheard, this song:  Tarantulas, tarantulas, if there's fuzz where your hamster was, it's probably because of tarantulas!
  • Also overheard:  Child: "Hello favorite doggie!"   Me: How about 'Hello favorite mommy'?" Child: "You're not my favorite mommy!"  Me:  "Who else could be your favorite mommy?" Child: "Mary!"
  • I recently opened my Kohl's online shopping cart to find $1093.84 worth of goods.  Most of the items in my cart were $169.99 air fryers.  This is my life.
  • My youngest daughter, about her big sister:  "Poor sissy!  She is off to work after only a few minutes after school at home! Just like a grown up!  The days go too fast!" Sigh.  Indeed.

**Only the two older teenagers have snapchat, having proven themselves in the responsibility department.  My youngest teenager has received a firm no every time he asks to have it.

No comments: