Thursday, May 5, 2016

Bedtime Stories

Every evening, a glorious thing occurs.  I finish all my chores for the day, I brush my teeth and get ready for bed, and then I Lie Down.   What is it that is so marvelous about lying down in one's bed after a long and tiring day? Often a small sigh escapes my lips as I revel in the beauty of simply lying down and resting.  It has always been a wonder to me how the children do not enjoy this sensation as I do.  They fight and whine and thoroughly dislike this very thing that brings me so much happiness.  Children are curious creatures.

But back to climbing into bed.  The other day, I bought new sheets (at Kohl's of course, with two coupons). After I washed them, I was making the bed and I had a ridiculous amount of excitement just thinking about sleeping on them.  They are gray (one of my favorite decor colors), with a tiny quatrefoil pattern.  They are beautiful and crisp and cool and delicious.

They are the best kind of sheets manufactured - percale.  A few years ago, I did a scientific research study (re: I polled my Facebook friends and did a google search) on which kinds of sheets were best. I knew what I wanted, but I didn't know what they were called.  The answer is percale.

Some of you might like your sheets to be soft or silky or flannel or satin.  You may like them to have an astronomically high thread count.  I'm sorry to inform you, though, that you're missing out.  Cool and crisp is the way to go.

My new sheets didn't disappoint.  As I crawled into bed that first night, I smiled a little.  It's the little things in life, dear reader.

Like percale.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing's better than cool, crisp percale sheets and when I dry them outside (even in winter) they smell sooooooooo good. !!!