Sunday, November 4, 2012

A penny saved is a penny earned!

The other day, I was enjoying one of my favorite activities: shopping at Target with little K.  She was chatting in her sweet way as I got into line and I was drinking it all in.

Suddenly, the merchandise on the conveyer belt in front of me caught my attention, and my conversation with little K stalled.  The gal ahead of me was piling item upon item of name brand, individual-packaged, convenience packs onto the counter.  I watched, fascinated, all the while thinking how much I could save her if she would give me her list.  Even at Target I could have saved her a bundle!  But if I could have shopped at a few other stores, the savings would have been even greater.

I held my breath and tried not to look like a stalker as I ignored K and strained to hear her total.  $395!  I nearly fell over.  She didn't buy anything large - all small items that added up to that crazy amount.  She didn't look concerned by the total and paid in cash, so she must have the means to shop that way.  But still - heavens!  I know I am cheap, frugal, whatever you want to call me.  But aren't there other things you could spend that money on?  I can think of more than a few!

No comments: