Thursday, April 28, 2011

Clean as a whistle

We have a recliner that has been in our family room for 13 years. I have rocked all my babies in it (some for many more hours than others). It's not fancy or overstuffed; it's pretty utilitarian.

I have to admit, though, it had never been cleaned. AND - it wasn't new when we acquired it.

Shameful, I know.

But, before you lose all faith in my housekeeping abilities, it was cleaned today. I also had my family room rug and stairs and upstairs hallway cleaned.

I have to say, it's a glorious feeling. My family room rug and the stairs are so soft and look so bright and new, and the recliner looks much better. And even more important than how they look, is the fact that all that dirt is gone. I didn't see how much was pulled up out of the carpets and furniture, a fact which I think is for the best. Better I don't know just how much filth was residing with us!

Chem-Dry did the cleaning for us and I thought they did a great job! The guys were very polite and thorough. They even had an insulated bumper of sorts that they placed on the front door while their tubes were propping it open (since it is ridiculously cold today). I was impressed with that thoughtful detail!

The recliner won't be with us forever. I'm glad we decided to give it a new lease on life in its old age.

I wonder how long it will be before I allow the children to walk on the carpets. . .


No comments: