Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heartfelt prayers

A few weeks ago, my husband and I were talking with a parishioner in his backyard. As the kids were playing on his playground equipment, this man called each one by name.

Each one.

Now, this is a man that I have known our entire 12 years here, but the children don't know him at all, and I don't often get a chance to speak to him or his wife, since we often attend different services.

I was so surprised that he knew their names, and I told him so. His answer moved me to tears.

"I pray for each of your children", he said.

It's hard to explain how that made me feel. My husband is this man's pastor, and he loves my husband and our family in such a way that he lifts all of us up in prayer. It was a wonderful gift and blessing given to me that day.

No comments: