Thursday, October 23, 2008

A surefire way to attract the children

Yesterday, a friend called soon after we arrived home from school.

"It's so quiet at your house", my friend commented when I answered.

I said I was in another room. But I told her the solitude wouldn't last. My children have radar. They seem to intuitively know when I am on the phone, and quickly ambush me. It turns out I was correct. Within 30 seconds, two of the four were in my face demanding more snacks.

How does that saying go. . ."if you build it they will come"?
In our house it's. . ."if the phone is on your ear, they will come".

1 comment:

ccjmommy said...

"If you hope your children will not do something, they will."
"If you forget your diapers, they will poop."
"If you accidentaly swear, they will repeat."
Just a few more parental provervbs.