Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A day in the life

Some snippets from today, a typical day in our house:

My husband gave me a hug after dinner. ALL of the children were somehow drawn to us like fish to water. Almost immediately, they were cramming to get in on the hug. Then, my four year old son starting doing karate chops. That's how it is around here. Too much love, things must go violent.

I am still drowning in the change-of-seasons clothes switcheroo. It seems to be a never ending job. It might have an ending, I must say, if I did not have two "helpers" today. Everything I put in a box was soon removed. My 2 year old liked to clomp around in much-too-large shoes, and my four year old was obsessed with jumping around on a bean bag on my bed. I had to put a stop to that, since going to the ER today wasn't really on my agenda.

I have spent countless minutes (possibly hours) nudging my 3rd grade daughter to get her long list of homework assignments done this evening. She is only in 3rd grade. Heaven help me in the years to come.

My 2 year old son broke a cup that had glitter in the inside chamber. He looked like he was ready to do a show on Broadway (as a girl). He (and the floor in a 5 foot radius) was covered in glitter. Sigh.

It is now 9:00. I think I can rest for a bit. Until tomorrow, when I get to do it all again!!

No comments: