Friday, September 21, 2007

Ah, the memories!

Our second oldest turned six today. We relived his birth, especially his favorite story. A few minutes after he was born, the nurse gave him to me to hold and nurse (this lasted for an hour, by the way. After a few minutes, I was ready to give him back - I didn't think dropping him out of exhaustion was a good way to welcome him into the world!). Skin to skin contact is apparently good for newborns, so he was naked, next to my (mostly) undressed body - the fashionable hospital gowns don't cover much. As I snuggled my new miracle, I felt a warm trickle go down the left side of my body. Instead of being pleased that his pipes worked, I remember thinking "It could be a day or more before I get a shower. I am covered in urine". Ah, how things change (although with two still in diapers, I am still around a fair amount of bodily fluids).
He received not one, but two Webkinz today, so his day was made. It was so fun to hear the kids on the computer ironing out all the details together.

The family room beams were strengthened today, yahoo!! This pretty much means that my husband and a wonderful, generous man from church worked for 9 hours or so, with no visible change to the room, to the naked eye. Thankfully, my husband and compadre don't have naked eyes, and felt quite accomplished. Now we can move on. I hear the kitchen demo is next. Goodbye, dishwasher, stove and microwave! I will miss you all!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thank you for your post to my blog. It was very sweet of you to offer your thoughtful sympathies. I really appreciate them. I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriages. Luckily I never had to go through that one.

Thank you again! It is most appreciated. Best wishes to you!

Christy