Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Week In Pictures

I offer a few visuals from the last week(ish):



This pillow resides on our bed and I look at it every morning and evening and a few times in between.  Sometimes I don't really read it and other times I do, and smile.  But this weekend, I had everyone in my house for a few hours, and afterward, as I moved the pillow, I felt its message deeply.  I know every mother thinks this (and what a beautiful thing that is!), but I am unbelievably thankful that God gave us our kids.  We have grown kids and almost-grown kids and teenagers, and they're all just amazing people.  I love laughing with them (I just told a couple kids tonight that they should live with me forever because I laugh so much when we're together), I love worshiping with them, I love singing with them, and I love doing life with them as they grow up.  They're the best! 


Dukey!  We bought a dog grooming set in an effort to not go broke with groomer bills, and we're slowly getting the hang of it.  Our first effort was. . .interesting, and the kids made a lot of fun of our abilities. But he's a dog and he's goofy and he doesn't care what he looks like.  But I gotta say he's more tolerable when he's cute, so I'm glad we're getting better at it. 


Where the letter sign started -- a beautiful and inspiring quote from Anne. . .


And where it ended -- a modification by a nameless child one night after I had gone to bed.  You'll be glad to know that after I laughed at it for a few days, I returned it to its original sweet state. 



Excuse my ancient ratty pan, but I offer here our family's favorite chocolate chip cookies.  40ish years ago, my mom saw a recipe in the paper for Mrs. Cleaver's chocolate cookies, and they've lived in infamy in our family ever since.  I don't wear heels and a pencil skirt and call out for the Beav while I make them, but I can imagine that I am the consummate housewife that June was.  A girl can dream. 




And this, a fave of mine when fall rolls around.  Even though I apparently am barely a redhead anymore, I still think I am, and the fall colors are my favorite.  I can walk around in an outfit that channels my inner 1970s kitchen, all while coordinating with my hair and the season.  Win!



 




No comments: