Thursday, December 30, 2021

Gifts

As the year winds down and comes to a close tomorrow, I've been pondering 2021, as most people probably are doing.  Christmas and the end of 2021 didn't look exactly as we had planned, a truth that many families are experiencing in varying ways.  Every day this week, I've taken an early morning walk (it IS Christmas break, after all!), and on the walk, I've focused my prayers on all the good we've been given.  With each footstep, I reminded myself out loud this truth:  Gift.  Gift. Gift.  We have been given gift upon gift upon gift.  As I walk each day and pray, I've listed some of God's immeasurable gifts to us:


  • family.  Though our holiday looked a little different than we planned, we are still rich in the love of family
  • technology!  Facetime, texting, sending pictures digitally. . .so many ways to stay connected
  • laughter.  Even amidst some changed plans, so much laughter
  • home and all our needs taken care of
  • a beautiful and gracious church family!  We are surrounded by love through our church family
  • new traditions and memories. Our daughter's fiancee joined us for Christmas this year and it was wonderful to have him here for our celebrations
  • good health. What a gift we have been given in our bodies.
  • our newborn Savior.  Amidst changed plans and minor disappointments I have made many efforts to keep my eyes focused on Jesus and the abundance of gifts He's given to us -- most importantly, the gift of Himself.  Everything pales in comparison to His overwhelming love for us.  
Gift upon gift upon gift. 

No comments: