Friday, August 9, 2019

The Week in Pictures

It's been a rough week this week.  Perhaps I'll write more about that later, but for now, some lighter topics:  Super Great Deals from Target, my classroom plans, new words, and my rude behavior.  See below.




Charcuterie!  Quite awhile ago, a friend of mine casually called her lovely meat/cheese/veggie tray a charcuterie tray.  I had never heard the word before and found it glorious.  Like an excited child, I asked her to explain, and my love for charcuterie was born.  Here's my latest attempt.  I cannot tell you how happy looking at it made me.  I can't help myself.



Polka Dot fabric!  I am making a thematic dramatic play center for my classroom.  I bought the base, my dad is going to make the top part, and my mom is going to make curtains.  I am so excited to see it finished and then see all the little ones playing grocery store and apple orchard and pizzeria! 
A preschooler's work is play!





Target deaaalsss for daaaays!!  Brace yourself, dear reader - if saving money isn't your jam, skip this part.  (But if it's not, how are we even friends??) Years ago, I used to play the coupon game - before I worked and when I had more time and less to do.  It's been too hard the last several years, but yesterday at Target the stars aligned and I made some great deals!  I have four males in this house who need deodorant, so all that Axe will be gone in a split second, and gel pens make me so happy!  The 8 cans of Axe should have been $35, and I paid just $12!  The gel pens were regularly $21 and I paid $10.  Woohoo!!  We'll be smelling good and writing beautifully for awhile!!

Image result for rude images

My friends.  Confession time.  Last Sunday after church I was exiting my pew, talking to my child in front of me and trying to keep the children behind me moving.  I felt a hand on my arm, trying to get my attention.  I shrugged the hand off, thinking it was the child behind me, interrupting me (like my children are prone to doing all the livelong day).  After a moment or two the child in front of me told me someone in the pew behind me was trying to get my attention.  Yep!  I had rudely shrugged off the hand of my dear friend and colleague, not my child.  She was understanding when I apologized, but sheesh!  Moral of the story:  apparently don't approach me at church when I am near my children, or I will treat you like one of my children.  But I promise not to remind you a hundred times to put your laundry away or ask if you need to go potty before we leave the house. Hopefully.

No comments: