Monday, January 14, 2019

The Last Month in Pictures

Happy New Year!  A few moments from the last month at our house:


My youngest daughter was given the role of her dreams and played Mary in the grade school Christmas program last month.  She had a scant few lines, but treasured the opportunity to play Jesus' mother.  When I asked her why playing the part of Mary meant so much to her, she talked of Mary's great faith and openness to doing what God's will for her was.  I hope my daughter can continue to emulate Mary as she grows up!



Changing gears from the solemn topic the first picture lends itself to, I give you this picture.  Let us pretend the second line doesn't take God's name in vain, and once you've done that, you can understand my home.  The boys want to wear only shirts and shorts and feel incredibly annoyed when I care about their well being and suggest otherwise.  I can't say my girls follow this as well - they seem to be a bit more sensible in the clothing department.  But the boys - YES.  "Leave me alone, mom.  I am fine!!"




This cup, from my sister for Christmas.  😊  I don't think I am the best sister ever, by far (I have been told numerous times how bossy I was when we were children (and I concede I may have been a wee bit authoritative)), but every time I drink from it, I think of my sister, and remember what a great sister she is! What a blessing to have a sister! 😊


And this wine glass, from a student (and her mother I think 😉).  I have used it a few times since I received it, and it makes me smile every time.  I'll take a time out now and then! 


Our poor pupper, Shadow babies, being tortured with a bath at a nearby pet store.  He endured the ordeal bravely, but as you can see in the picture, he has perfected his "poor me" face.  Mommy was happy, however, as we got a punch card - 5 baths for $25!  Waaaaay better than cleaning the entire bathroom of black dog hair!  He smelled a little better, and I didn't have to clean the bathroom.  Win win!


And this little list.  My daughter returned to college yesterday, and this list pretty much sums up life around here after she left.  I'm glad she is where she is, and she is too - happy and enjoying her classes and friends.  But that doesn't mean I can't also miss her when she leaves each time. Our house just isn't quite the same without her in it.  When I set the table with just six plates, it causes my heart to ache a little, and when I look down the church pew and see only four pairs of legs, things feel a little off.  I look forward to the next time she's home again!!




No comments: