Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Week(ish) In Pictures

It's been ages since I've blogged, I see!  November was in.sane.  Lots of good stuff - entertaining, holidays, traveling, plus regular life that doesn't slow down just because all the other stuff is happening.  All of the above results in little time for writing.  So here's a few thoughts on our last week or so, in picture caption form:


Gazing upon this collection of baby Jesus in the manger warms my heart.  I collected these over my children's preschool years (and no, we don't have an extra four children hidden away that you were unaware of, some children made a manger more than one year), and I treasure them now.  Baby Jesus' many faces, each drawn with careful preschool precision are precious to me.  Now that I teach preschool, in the same school my children attend(ed), I do this project with my students too.  I hope their parents enjoy The Best Gift as much as I do. 




Ummm.  Yes.  My boys seem to think T shirts and shorts are still the clothing du jour, even though it is freezing out and there is snow on the ground.  I have mentioned to them that going without a coat seems foolish and ill-advised, but they are not concerned.  And unless they're going to be outside for an extended amount of time, I am not going to fight that battle.  So please don't judge me when you see my boys looking ready for a late summer stroll.  I've been down that road, and I'm gonna let it go.


I texted the picture above to my husband (full disclosure - while we were in the house together, but on separate floors - are we the only couple who does this on occasion?).  I find ALL THE TRUTH here.  To be honest, I love Christmas shopping, but Christmas shopping isn't for wienies.  The list-keeping, the tallying, the recording, the keeping-it-even(ish), the sale-searching, the waiting-in-line (and also the waiting-for-free-shipping) and the schlepping from store to store can take a lot out of a girl!  Luckily for me, my husband is great gift-giver, so he always aces his Christmas list.







No comments: