Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Week(ish) In Pictures

A little summary of the last couple weeks, photo-style:


This is a picture of our stairs, lined with Bath and Body Works Limoncello Body Cream.  This stuff is the best consistency and the best scent ever made.  And since I love the scent, it was destined to be discontinued (read more about that here).  I was in BBW with the kids (if you haven't been to BBW with multiple children, you haven't lived, btw) and saw they were on clearance.  I bought as many as our budget would allow, and some jokester lined them up when we got home.  I may keep them there as new decor.



This little cutie sits in my spice cabinet, full of cinnamon and sugar.  When I was a girl, we had this very kind of shaker for our cinnamon and sugar, so when my mom found one, she snatched it up for us.  Every time I get it out for one of the kids, I am taken back to the 70s and my happy childhood.




Two pictures from my daughter's graduation party.  We had a chalkboard theme and I looooved it.  After a few weeks of buying decor for the party, I had to give myself a little lecture about overbuying cute chalkboard items.  We had chalkboard stuff everywhere - it was so fun!  My 16 year old son didn't think so, though.  He wandered through the dining room during the week of the party, saw the chalkboard paraphernalia being lettered and prepped everywhere, and proclaimed humorously, "All this chalkboard stuff is obnoxious!  There is no way we are having a ridiculous theme like this when I have a party!".  He cracks me up.
(And for the record, we will be having a theme for his party. :)


The other day I was at the eye doctor with three of my kids.  Our appointment was scheduled for 3:30, and we had to be at a baseball pregame practice by 5:00.  I knew time would be tight and I had prepped my son's coach that he might be a little late.  As we sat in the waiting room, a nice gentleman across from us struck up a conversation.  We talked about sports, hedgehogs, pet rocks, jobs, school and vision problems.  He was very friendly and after we had both been waiting for 30 or more minutes, he asked which doctor I was seeing.  When I told him, he said, "Oh, you must be scheduled after me".  With an inward groan I looked at my watch, knowing that we were going to barely make it for the start of the game.  A few minutes later, the nurse came out and called the man for his appointment.  He called her over and said he'd like to switch appointments so we could have his.  "I'm retired", he said.  "I'm not in a hurry."  I was so touched and thanked him.  Back in the exam room as we waited longer, I wrote him a little note and left it with the girls up front when I left. Such kindness and thoughtfulness to a stranger!  We were blessed by his generous heart!


No comments: