Friday, May 18, 2018

The Week in Pictures

A little snapshot of a few things that have been happening over here in the last week:


This week I had my Mother's Day Program in my classroom.  All the children were so excited to have their moms and grandmas in our room.  They sang for, laughed with, and hugged and kissed those special gals.  It is one of my favorite moments of the school year.  I shared with the mammas something I had written a few years ago - a reminder of what an amazing job they are doing. What a joy it is to teach these little people, and also get to know and love their families over the year!  I will miss them all so much in a couple of weeks!



My daughter's graduation party is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I have been cooking, baking, planning and buying (we are having a chalkboard theme and I've told myself I can't buy anything else chalkboard related)!  I can't say I'd want to do this all the time, but I have really been enjoying getting it all ready.  I'm not exactly ready emotionally for the big event, but I hope I will be ready for the party!  


Oh my goodness, the yanny/laurel debate.  We are a house divided.  Some people hear laurel and very firmly feel that anyone who doesn't hear laurel has clearly lost their mind.  Others (me) cannot in a million years imagine hearing laurel from a word that so clearly sounds like only yanny.  The science behind it all is pretty interesting and has sparked many conversations about sound and hearing.  So I guess it's a win, because science?  


It has been a week of awards for my high schoolers. . .academic, theater and scholarship awards.  Three nights and three different ceremonies.  It has been every bit of awesome to watch my two oldest be honored for their achievements.  I love them fiercely and have been weepy more than once this week (I'm sure you're so surprised by that!).  I am grateful for the gifts and talents they have been given.  To God be the glory!


No comments: