Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bits and Pieces #10


  • We were shopping at Shoe Carnival recently, and one of my dear, long-suffering children says with a moan, "I don't think this place should be called Shoe Carnival.  I think it should be called Poo Carnival!"
  • Last month, we celebrated Shadow's Adoptoversary.  Yep, it was just over a year ago that our black doggie became a part of our family.  We celebrated by giving him a Happy Dog Meal (which I bought on major Christmas clearance, of course!), complete with fries, a cheeseburger and some liver hearts.  What else says Happy Adoptoversary like liver hearts? We could tell he was very moved by our show of love. 
  • I have been filling up the burb lately for around $40.  I cannot tell you how overjoyed that makes me!  During the worst of the gas prices, it was well over $100 to fill up.  Woohoo!
  • Daughter:  "When I grow up I think I would like to be president." 
    • Me:  "That's a great idea, babe!  I would vote for you!'
    • Daughter:  "Well, if you're not dead yet!"  
  • I bought some Dove soap the other day, and more than once, I have walked into the bathroom after someone has showered, and I am instantly taken back 30 + years.  Taken back to my grandma's mauve bathroom, where she only used pink Dove soap.  It is amazing how a scent can transport a person to another time, another place.  I have blogged about this subject before, and it never ceases to amaze me.  One moment I am walking into my bathroom, instructing my 9-year-old son to keep moving after his shower, and the next, am 9 years old, washing my hands in my grandma's pink bathroom.  She passed away 16 years ago, and I very much enjoyed the little catapult to the past, and my vivid memories of my beloved grandma.




    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    I'm glad to hear you had a adoptoversary for Shadow. So nice. I know what you mean about the smells. I believe it was Tone soap that came out when I was pregnant and I always think about showers when I smell that soap (which I no longer buy very often) but the odor is the same. That is amazing. Another well written blog. You need to write a children's book.
    Judy