- At the candlelight service on Christmas Eve, I looked over at an (unnamed) son, to see him holding his candle above his head. "I'm the Statue of Liberty!", said he.
- We roller skated and ice skated to our hearts' content! It was equal parts exhausting, wet, challenging and hysterical. My husband and I held hands at the roller rink (and I even skated backward with him leading - impressed?) just like it was 1986. One of the boys sailed by with his hand up toward us and rolled his eyes. Score!
- Waaaaay too much sugar has been consumed. There is really nothing more to say about that. It was fabulous, but it's gotta stop.
- Our last gift to the kids on Christmas morning is that we are going to get a dog. Tears of joy, faces full of disbelief, and screams of happiness ensued. We have spent all the days since researching which type we should get. I think we have settled in on a doodle. Or a poo. That's a poodle mix, by the way. I am slightly obsessed with doodles - I have serious poomania. And let me just tell you - poodles get around these days! They have truly mated with just about every breed - and the result are totes adorbs. Of course, those designer breeds cost mucho moola, and we are not looking to spend mucho. So we are hoping a doodle or a poo will come available at a rescue and be the perfect 8th member of our family.
- We have played games out the wazoo and laughed till our tummies hurt with our family. We have enjoyed lots of great togetherness this break.
- We bought gas for $1.57!!! Did you see that? I was freaking out with excitement! Unreal!
- Tomorrow morning, 5:45 is gonna hit us HARD. I am sorry to see all of our good times come to close.
*Actually, Christmas break was over on Friday at 3 pm. Every break of my childhood consisted of my father reminding me of this fact on Friday afternoon. I have carried on the tradition with my children and deflate them frequently with this news.