Well, I don't really know, except I am quite sure it is not the last reason. I will attempt to blog a bit here, in quick bullet form.
1. MOPS is taking over my life. I am a co-coordinator, and while I love the job, it takes a lot of time at the start of the year. We have a great new bunch of leaders this year, and I am excited to see what God has in store for this ministry.
2. My 5 year old son had to take three things to school that would tell the class a bit about him. I'll give you three guesses to determine what he brought. Yep - you guessed it! Sonic, Sonic and Sonic. Three different Sonic toys. . .and he decorated the bag with blue coloring and had me write Sonic on it. I suggested a family picture, a book, but no, only Sonic would do.
3. Sweet baby K sleeps in a big girl bed now. For those of you who know me, you know that I never put babies in beds until they are three. For those of you who know K, you know that she doesn't need to bothered with silly rules!! She likes to do things on her own schedule. So - she saw fit to climb out of her crib one night a few weeks ago, ne'er to return. Sigh. We are slowly getting used to the new bedtime routine.
4. My oldest daughter is in middle school. As in lockers and switching classes and homeroom. How this happened, I do not know. As I was helping her set up her locker before school started, I had an unbidden flash forward of me helping her get her dorm room put together. It almost brought tears to my eyes.
5. I'm hoping things slow down a bit after Labor Day. I have lots on my agenda. First up, potty training a certain two year old! Wish me luck - I find potty training one of the most unpleasant parenting chores I have yet to endure (of course we have not entered the teen years).