Monday, December 13, 2010

My (not so) secret addiction

Last week, a crisis occurred in our house. A near tragedy. A situation which caused me to practically hyperventilate.

Our internet was out for 3 days.

Dear reader, I felt like my right arm had been cut off. There was so much to do, so many people to communicate with, documents to print, bills to pay. . .and NO INTERNET on which to do it all.

I resorted to old fashioned ways of getting it all done. I picked up the phone and actually called people and I begged my husband to pleaseplease print out my forms.

It was a decidedly difficult time. I wish I could say that all this technology-less time made me reminiscent of the good old days when we weren't able to have whatever we wanted rightthisveryminute.

I can't, though. I truly, truly missed it. It is amazing how quickly I have become dependent on the internet for most everything: recipes, yellow pages, communication, shopping. It's a little hard to remember how we ever lived without it.

Our problem was finally resolved with a new router and cable. I was embarrassingly ecstatic!

No comments: