Sunday, August 16, 2009

. . .all my sins were washed away. . .

Today, my dear little baby girl was baptized. My husband had the distinct privilege of baptizing her. As he put it on his Facebook profile, his little pagan is now a beautiful Christian. . .or something to that effect.

Before the baptismal liturgy even started, I was teary. As my mother-in-law put it, "This is THE moment!" True, true. Her physical birth was important, but this is her real birth. She was immersed, which only adds to the symbolism.

My husband was choked up as he led the baptismal liturgy, as was I. But our sweet little girl wanted things to lighten up. After she was baptized (naked), she was wrapped up in a towel and placed in my arms. Just as her dear daddy anointed her forehead with oil, there was a distinct sound from the depths of the towel. I can only assume she wanted to make her baptism as memorable as possible.

2 comments:

ccjmommy said...

As I recall, your child #3 did that also, all over the baptismal gown. It must have something to do with baptism and being relaxed...

mammamilk said...

That's right. . .that was a disaster!! But - he wasn't actually baptized that day, though! Just the mention of baptism, perhaps. . .?
Thanks also for being godparents! We love you guys!