Monday, January 9, 2023

Random Thoughts, Post-Christmas



Oh wow!  If ever I resonated with a meme, it's this one!  The older I get, the more this is me.  Staying home brings me serious joy, and it appears I'm becoming a hermit in my old(er) age.  Wearing comfy clothes, doing chores around the house, hanging with my family. . .what's not to love??  I am afraid I may become a complete recluse when I retire!  Maybe send help?  Or don't and just come and visit me - as long as you bring wine and don't mind how I look in joggers and a sweatshirt. :) 

Here is our Christmas tree this year:  


Our tree began in the normal way, with fun family decorating and silliness and banter.  The tree looked lovely, covered in all our family ornaments, just as it always does.  But a day or two into its tenure in our home, the tree was being attacked.  Or rather, the ornaments were being attacked.  Picked off, one by one, by. . .you guessed it - Duke the wonder dog!  Yep, the ornaments appeared to be tasty treats to our naughty boy.  So one by one, over the next few days, I began un-trimming the tree, until only about the top third of the tree remained decorated.  I got used to the look after a while and it reminded me of all our toddler years.  Of course, Duke is a lot of the work of a toddler without all the rewards. . .but that's not the point here. 

Just before Christmas, I did this silly sheet with my students:  I think my teacher wants_____for Christmas.  The answers all made me laugh.  A couple of my favorites:


Umm. . .no thank you! One wild canine is all this family can handle. 


Ok!  I don't know what a crazy Batman car is, but I might enjoy fitting all my children in it.  
Apparently it's crazy big!









No comments: