Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Cheers to 21 Years!

21 years ago tonight, I was holding my newborn, our sweet firstborn daughter.  I was smitten with her and couldn't believe God had entrusted her to us.  She was precious and adorable and tiny and perfect.

And I didn't know what in the heck I was doing.

I remember thinking - they're going to let us take her home?  Do they realize we are not qualified in any way to care for her? 

But we somehow learned what we could and winged the rest, and today she's 21.  And by the grace of God, even amidst our inadequacies,  she has turned into a beautiful, strong and capable young woman.

Here are the top 21 reasons I love this girl in no particular order:

  • her peace-loving heart
  • laughing and laughing and laughing with her
  • her intelligence - she never ceases to amaze me!
  • we can share shoes and clothes (though she is prone to "borrowing". . .forever!)
  • she loves Chick Fil A and asks for it whenever possible
  • her strong faith, which shapes everything she does
  • her flexibility and ability to go with the flow
  • she's a great sibling to her brothers and sister - to hear her tell it, she raised them herself!
  • she is often told she is my twin and she doesn't seem to mind!
  • she loves kids and will be an amazing teacher
  • she tolerates me and humors me when I talk about things she has no interest in (unlike her bros)
  • she's dramatic!
  • her confidence - I am always impressed with what she's capable of doing
  • she watches all my old favorite movies with me
  • we take lots of walks and talk together
  • she's selfless
  • she's very tolerant of all the crazy in our house
  • she's responsible and trustworthy and has been since she was little
  • her ability to navigate difficult situations with poise
  • her love of Shadow puppy
  • she never fails to wow me in everything she does
I'm so thankful God gifted us with this amazing girl!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for her future!


No comments: