Saturday, November 28, 2020

Things That Bring Me Joy

In no particular order, a few things that bring me Great and Abiding Joy :) 


Shadow, or as we call him, Shadow da babies.  Or as he has been recently nicknamed by one of my boys, Stinky, which I must admit is an appropriate moniker.  This (mostly) good boy loves his mamma so much!  He follows me from room to room, watches for me to come home at the dining room window, and loves to cuddle in bed with me (which is not always allowed!).  He's getting a bit older and slightly more gray (join the club, puppers!), but he's still a sweet playful boy at heart.  He's been a good addition to our family these last many years. 


A new Cricut!  I received this beautiful piece of machinery as a Christmas gift and I LOVE it!  And I also love that my 20-year-old daughter figured out how to run it and the computer program so I didn't have to!  We've been making ornaments and the like, with plans to try a few other things soon.  It's so fun!  But I'm not looking forward to having to learn the computer program when she goes back to school.  





Christmas decor and buffalo plaid!  I have been drawn to (read: obsessed!) black and white buffalo plaid this Christmas.  I am loving decorating in the simplicity of black and white.  My kids are not totally on board though - "why are you decorating with boring colors, mom?  Where's the red?"  Sigh.  You can't win them all.  One kid, however, said this a few days ago:  "Mom, the outside of our house is lame at Christmas." As I prepared to defend myself, citing white lights and garland around the front door, the child continued, "But the inside is hecka vibey!"  I'm not totally familiar with that phrase, but I'm pretty sure hecka vibey is a compliment.  I'll take it!



This meme.  Wow, does it summarize where I'm at with my boys these days.  One minute I was their world -- a kiss and hug from me could solve all their problems, and the next minute I'm getting a random hug from a giant man-child while being called bruh.  It happened in a matter of minutes I tell you.  Moms of little boys, hold on tight. It's a bumpy ride, but it's so awesome.






 

No comments: