Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Out of the Mouths of Babes, Part 4

Teenager:  "I'd love to go back to my childhood and do it all over again. . ."

Me, holding my breath: 

Teenager:  ". . .and do it exactly the same way!"


Parenting often feels hard and messy and exhausting and sometimes I find myself wondering "Did we handle that right?",  "Did I give them a good foundation to launch from?", "Are they ready for the world, loving Jesus first and foremost?".

And the answers to these questions?  I don't know.  But we know that God does and can see just how each of their stories will unfold.  Each day we trust and pray that God holds them close and gives us wisdom when we ask for it. And we also cling to the sure knowledge that as much as we love these precious children, we know that God loves them infinitely more  - how grateful I am for that!

So while we wait and watch to see how God shapes their lives, I'll hang on to little moments of encouragement like this one.  




No comments: