Monday, March 4, 2019

Yes/No

A friend of mine gave me a cool gift awhile ago. It's a picture frame with the phrase,"I love you because. . .".  She included a dry erase pen which attaches to the back.  My husband and I write notes to each other when we are so moved.  The board has been a cool way for us to think of all the things we appreciate about each other.

For the last several weeks, my husband has been teaching and preaching about marriage and family.  One of the things he said in class was that when you get married and say "yes" to your spouse, you are simultaneously saying "no" to everyone else.  Obviously. . . but I don't often think of it that way.  So when I got home from bible class, I wrote the following on our picture frame:  "I love you because. . . you said "no" to all the other girls and said "yes" to me. 💗"

My husband read it, but a few days later, the sign took a slightly different turn.  One of my boys (I have my suspicions) made two little changes, and it cracked us up.



We left it up and laughed every time we passed by it.  And then -- not to be outdone by her brothers, this version appeared:




My husband and I said "no" to everyone else, and "yes" to each other.  And apparently that net was cast further once we had children, to include video games and unicorns. I'm okay with that. 😊


No comments: